So you’re ready to get your headshots done? Great! Let’s get you prepared so you’ll have a great time and we’ll capture some amazing images of you!
- Wear something that you feel comfortable in, that makes you look amazing. Solid colors work best…and we are fans of bold colors! If you are doing a full session, bring anything you’re considering so we can look at your options and help you decide. Coming to Headshot Saturday? Gather some friends and family around to help you pick out your best outfit! But remember…it comes down to the image YOU want to project…not what everyone thinks you should look like!
- Accessorize with care. Your face is the focal point of this image…not your necklace. Statement pieces are great for some occasions, but you want to make sure that your jewelry doesn’t distract from the point of the session.
- Hair is everything. Don’t (and I can’t stress this enough…) get a haircut the day before. Go and get a trim 4 or 5 days before if you must, but haircuts right before pictures are a no-no! Picture a white line separating your gorgeous tan and your hairline. See what we mean?
- Makeup matters. If you have shiny skin guys, consider an oil mattifier to take the sheen off that forehead and nose. Ladies, make sure that you are comfortable with your makeup look. If you’re not used to wearing makeup, let us know and we will put you in contact with one of our fabulous stylists who can help you achieve the look you want in a way that the camera will love!
- Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate. The key to good looking skin is drinking water. If you think you’ve had enough…go ahead and drink some more. Do it for at LEAST 3 days before your shoot…or make it a new habit if you don’t already do it. Your skin will thank you for it!
- Trim your fingernails. Some headshots will be half length with your arms folded and your hands will show. Make sure your nails are clean and that there are no chips or broken nails, if you’re wearing polish.
That’s pretty simple, right? You take care of this stuff and we’ll do our best to make you look fabulous!